Yellowhead Community Social Services is seeking a Chief Executive Officer
Yellowhead Community Services Society (YCS) is seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with exceptional strategic, managerial, and community engagement skills to lead the agency through its next phase of growth and development. The CEO works from Clearwater and across the Thompson-Cariboo-Gold Rush regions of BC. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a unique community social services agency that has evolved to become one of the top 5 employers in the region and a leader in community economic development and social impact.
The CEO contributes to YCS’ long-term vision and provides overall leadership to advance the organization’s strategic and operational direction, workplace culture, and community relations. The CEO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of YCS: managing employees, programs, social enterprises, and community development initiatives. As a high-profile community leader, the CEO advocates to stakeholders, governments, funders, partners, and the media to advance the organization’s vision, mission, and strategic priorities. The CEO is responsible for developing external partnerships, innovative programs, and community development opportunities, and implementing strategic initiatives as directed by the Board. The CEO’s leadership contributes to strengthening the fabric of communities across the Thompson-Cariboo-Gold Rush regions.
YCS’ business is multi-faceted, encompassing the operations of a multi-service community agency, management of the medical wellness clinic, a housing portfolio, and a range of community economic development initiatives. This is a pivotal leadership position in the organization, requiring a broad base of strategic and executive management skills, abilities, and experience in a comparable organizational environment.
Reporting to a 7-member Board of Directors, the CEO is accountable for the following:
- Overall strategic leadership and day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the organization.
- Formulating short and long-term strategic and tactical plans to realize the organization’s strategic and operational goals.
- Building community and strategic partnerships and acting as the organization’s principal spokesperson and community ambassador, in order to advance YCS’ vision, mission, and mandate.
- Advancing a positive workplace culture that is consistent with the organization’s vision, mission, and values.
- Creating and sustaining a culture of social entrepreneurship, calculated risk-taking, financial sustainability, and abundant concern for social and economic health and well-being of the people and communities served by YCS.
- Building and maintaining a professional and collaborative relationship with the volunteer Board of Directors.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant experience and education.
- At least 7 to 10 years of management and leadership experience, preferably in a non-profit or social enterprise.
- Experience in the development and operations of community social services programs and social enterprises, community economic development, and stakeholder relationship development. Experience working with First Nations communities is an asset.
- Experience working with funders and community partners.
- Experience implementing strategic initiatives with clear, prescribed
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong change management skills and ability to help grow an organization.
- Strong people management skills and experience with all aspects of Human Resource management, including the recruitment, orientation, and recognition of employees and a volunteer
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working collaboratively and effectively with community stakeholders, government agencies, corporate sponsors, and community
- The ability to identify opportunities and build programs that enhance the quality of life and well-being of the people and communities served by YCS.
- Strong financial management skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and business acumen in the context of a dynamic non-profit organization.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a Board of Directors and committees.
- Creativity and the ability to work with a management team is essential.
- A strong desire to support and work in a rural community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence and a vehicle insured for work purposes, as travel to other locations within the service region is required.
- Must consent to a Criminal Record Check as
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Clearwater, BC. Travel within the service area across the Thompson-Cariboo-Gold Rush regions is required. Evening and weekend work are occasionally required.
The Executive Director position receives a comprehensive compensation package that includes a hiring range of $95,000 to $107,500 (in line with the CSSEA CEO guidelines), extended health benefits, and additional benefits including cell phone, CEO allowance, mileage, competitive vacation package and RRSP program, and professional development allowance.
Yellowhead Community Services Society strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for its team to reflect the diversity of the communities it serves. Indigenous, people of colour, and people across spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Yellowhead Community Services Society thanks all applicants for their interest in this position.
This search is conducted by Realize Strategies on behalf of Yellowhead Community Services Society. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.