Everywoman's Health Centre is seeking an Executive Director
Everywoman’s Health Centre (EWHC), BC’s first and leading freestanding abortion clinic, is accepting applications for an experienced Executive Director with strong business, people dynamics, and management skills. The role is based in Vancouver, BC and will oversee an organization of experienced unionized clinicians, physicians, and operational staff. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and the Operations Manager, alongside an internal clinical group, directly reports to the Executive Director.
This is a great opportunity for someone to lead an organization with long-standing history in providing access to critical women’s health services in a person-focused way and to multi-cultural and immigrant patients.
In a collaborative and team environment, the Executive Director is responsible for implementing the strategic direction of the clinic, and through the Operations Manager, overseeing the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the clinic in accordance with the clinic’s vision, objectives, policies, and values. The Executive Director reports to the Board and the Operations Manager directly reports to the Executive Director.
The role’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Strategic Leadership and Board Support
- Strategic Communications and Labour Relations
- Operational and Human Resources Leadership
- Financial Integrity and Revenue Development
- Risk Mitigation
Qualifications and Competencies:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in health administration, business, or a related discipline; Master’s preferred
- 10-15 years of experience in a leadership position; preferably in a health care and/or non-profit environment
- Values alignment: pro-choice, social justice, inclusivity, collaboration
- Experience working with a governance Board
- Previous experience in strategic, operational and business planning, including developing business cases and performing financial analyses
- Previous experience with and knowledge of women’s reproductive health issues preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to prioritize competing demands
- Strong technology skills and experience
- Strong human resources skills; experience in a unionized environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills: ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Is values aligned with a pro-choice, social justice, inclusive, intersectional, and collaborative perspective
- Is an engaged and collaborative problem-solver who brings a listen first approach
- Practices human-centred conflict resolution and perseveres with balance between “kind but firm”
- Brings calm to both the everyday-busy of a clinic and also during crisis scenarios
- Approaches leadership with a view to learn from and trust in the expertise of their staff
- Understands that respect and alignment in culture strengthens an organization
- Values appropriate transparency and leverages it to align their team to purpose
- Brings patience and can prioritize and juggle many obligations
The Executive Director is a full-time position within a strong values-based organization. This position requires a high level of team collaboration and transparency, yet also requires significant autonomy and ability to move forward effectively on decisions. The work can involve moderate exposure to some disagreeable conditions (e.g., exposure to adverse environmental characteristics, requirement for personal sacrifice, and exposure to confrontation situations).
EWHC offers a competitive total compensation package which includes a salary range of $132,230 – $181,817; competitive vacation and benefits program including a defined benefit pension plan; extended health and dental benefits; and paid sick leave.
EWHC strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for its team to reflect the diversity of the communities it serves. First Nations, people of colour, and people across spectrums of gender, sexuality, age, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
EWHC thanks all applicants for their interest in this position.
This search is conducted by Realize Strategies on behalf of Everywoman’s Health Centre. We thank all applicants for your interest in this position.
We use Clockwork as a part of our recruitment process. To learn more about their privacy policies, visit here.