Combatting COVID-19 With Resilience
In these challenging times, we’re putting our hand up to help however we can. The best way we know how to do this is by offering our problem-solving expertise and network of innovators.
Now, more than ever, it is important for us to gather, share our knowledge, and have open conversations to help each other overcome common challenges and develop collaborative solutions.
Approximately every second Friday we will host Insight Exchange, a digital 60-minute “fireside chat” and meet-up. We’ll kick things off with experts sharing their insights and advice before opening up for questions and knowledge sharing between those on the call. Insight Exchange topics will focus on key issues that matter the most to employees and employers during these uncertain times. Each participant will also receive a digital summary of the session including topic highlights as well as challenges, opportunities, and solutions brought up by the community.
After registering, participants will receive a confirmation email with a link to join the video call as well as a phone number to call in. The medium to participate with is up to your comfort level.
This is new to us too – we’re learning as we go and welcome your feedback. But we wanted to provide a forum for our community to share and exchange thoughts, challenges, and solutions during these uncertain and ever-evolving times. We strive to be a learn-it-all culture rather than a know-it-all culture; we know we don’t have all the answers, but collectively we learn and grow from each other’s successes and experiences.
The majority of us are having to rapidly redesign the way we do our work. Join us for a conversation about how to go beyond managing through these times by exploring opportunities to leverage for the future.
*as Friday is a holiday, we’ve bumped our weekly Insight Exchange up a day!
We are extremely excited to have Eleni Kassaris as a guest speaker for this session! Eleni is a partner in the employment law practice at Dentons – click here to see her impressive bio. Among the topics she’ll cover are: recent changes to the Employment Standards Act, layoffs and terminations, requirements for working from home, and privacy law.
We are hosting a panel of inspirational leaders including Landon Hoyt (Binners’ Project), Monique Lynn (SPUD), Michelle Reid (Mills Office Productivity, B Lab), and Tim Veresh (PLEA Community Services Society of BC) to discuss organizational learning and strategies for resilience that are emerging from these unexpected times. This open discussion will cover:
- Insight into the needs and pain points of frontline staff and how to address them
- Useful resource/tool recommendations for helping leaders handle this pandemic
- Key learnings and/or practices leaders will carry forward after COVID-19
This Insight Exchange is by voluntary donation. All proceeds will be donated to the BCCDC Foundation for Public Health – Emergency Response Fund: Rapid Response to COVID-19. Participants will have the option to donate during the registration process and Realize Strategies will match the donations dollar for dollar.
Click here for a link to the full video recording of the session.
leading during Covid-19
We’ve curated a list of the best COVID-19 response related content we’ve been able to find regarding leadership, purpose, remote work, culture, and more. We will be regularly updating this list as we find more resources to share, so be sure to check back often!
- General: A 5-day plan to keep your company afloat (HBR)
- General: Beyond coronavirus: A path to the next normal (McKinsey)
- Analysis: Understanding the economic shock of coronavirus (HBR)
- HR: 9 tips to minimize disruption during a pandemic (LHH)
- Leadership: The 3 qualities leaders need in an uncertain future (IDEO)
- Governance: Directors’ duties in Canada: Considerations in emergency situations (Dentons)
- General: 10 ways for individuals to take action during the COVID-19 crisis (B The Change)
- Civic Engagement: Civil health and social distancing (SSIR)
- General: Remote work “thrival” guide (Guru)
- Using Slack: The definitive guide to Slack for organizing: Tips for volunteers and team members (RagTag)
- Using Zoom: OK Zoomer! How to become a videoconferencing power user (Wired)
- Using Microsoft Teams: A beginner’s guide to Teams in Office 365 (Chorus)